How are diseases transmitted?
- Activities Employ NGSS Life Science DCIs LS3 and ETS1
- Pre- and Post-Laboratory Assessments Included
- Vocabulary Words and Assessments Target Common Core Standards
- Estimated Lab Time: 45 Minutes
- Kit Aligned with National Standards
With this lab activity, students find that disease can be spread through the exchange of bodily fluids. Students simulate the transmission of disease, identify the original disease carrier in the class population, and trace the route of transmission while they employ two important Framework Standards: LS3 and ETS1.
This kit aligns with all published National Standards. Pre- and post-laboratory assessments and vocabulary words target specific Science and Engineering Practices and Common Core standards. The teacher guide also contains specific Did You Know concepts that link the real world with scientific standards explored. The kit includes a student copymaster and material for 30 students.
Ordering information: This kit includes vials, pipets, microfuge tubes, a simulated disease-causing agent, and simulated disease-indicator solution (indophenol).