The Celestron EclipSmart 2× Power Viewers Solar Eclipse Observing Kit will provide excellent views of solar eclipses for you and a friend, at 2× magnification. These viewers go beyond traditional eclipse glasses with an extra boost in magnification to help you see sunspots and other details on the surface of the Sun.
- The ideal tool for viewing eclipses, sunspots, or the Sun any day
- Foldable viewers feature plastic lenses with Solar Safe filters and 2× magnification to help see more detail
- Certified to comply with the ISO 12312-2 international safety standard for filters for direct viewing of the Sun
- Convenient two-pack allows users to share the views with a friend on eclipse day
- Power Viewers are constructed of sturdy cardstock; they fold flat for storage and expand into mini binoculars for observations
- Double-sided bonus poster is packed with information; one side features a detailed map of the eclipse’s path
- Celestron Solar Safe film is produced in the USA by American Paper Optics, one of the suppliers recommended by NASA for safe solar viewing (independently tested by a third-party lab)
- EclipSmart glasses reveal the Sun in the visible (white light) spectrum, with an orange tint for a more natural look and a comfortable observing experience
Power viewers fold flat when not in use. But unlike eclipse glasses, they expand into a 3-D mini binocular when ready to view. Plus, power viewers are equipped with sturdy plastic lenses that boost magnification, with Solar Safe film on the inside. A sunshade on top helps block glare. Affordable, easy to use, and best of all, Solar Safe, all Celestron EclipSmart 2× Solar Power Viewers are 100% ISO-certified.
This kit makes observing partial and total solar eclipses like the upcoming 2023 Annular Solar Eclipse and 2024 Total Solar Eclipse easy. The kit includes two power viewers and a beautiful eclipse poster packed with helpful information, a city-by-city eclipse timetable, and a detailed map of the eclipse’s path.
EclipSmart solar products feature Solar Safe filter technology, the ultimate protection from harmful solar radiation, including IR and UV light, plus 99.999% of visible light. Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is guaranteed safe for direct observation of the Sun and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services.
Important safety note: inspect the 2 Power Viewers before every use. Do not use and discard if any part of the viewer or the solar film inside is damaged, torn, punctured, or separated from the frame in any way. Do not use these viewers in combination with any magnifying optical device (i.e., telescopes, binoculars).
2023 - On October 14, 2023, the famed 'Ring of Fire' will encircle a darkened Moon during a spectacular annular eclipse. This special type of partial solar eclipse occurs when the Moon is too far from Earth to cover the Sun completely. The Sun’s corona is not visible during an annular eclipse.
2024 - On April 8, 2024, the Moon will completely cover the Sun during an awe-inspiring Total Solar Eclipse. Observers within the path of totality will witness the Sun’s dazzling corona, observe the 'diamond ring' effect, and see day turn to night.
Certifications: Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors.