Build a rolling robot with an Arduino Uno microcontroller.
- Beginner-friendly - No programming experience needed
- Open platform - Exposed circuitry allows you to learn and create your own electronic circuits
- Solder-free - Experiment with custom circuits on the breadboard (no special-brand connectors)
- Understandable - Free, easy-to-follow web tutorials and example code downloads
- Autonomous - Touch, light and infrared sensors let the Shield-Bot navigate on its own
- Expandable - Additional sensors and hardware expansion kits are available to get the most out of your robot
Learn robotics, electronics, and programming with this versatile kit and its accompanying step-by-step lessons. The Board of Education Shield plugs into your own Arduino (optional add-on) and mounts on the popular Boe-Bot robot chassis. With this kit and your own Arduino module, you can follow the Robotics with the Board of Education Shield for Arduino lessons with over 40 hands-on activities.
The original Robotics with the Boe-Bot text for the BASIC Stamp® microcontroller has enjoyed worldwide popularity with teachers and hobbyists, and has been translated into seven languages. You can find Boe-Bot robots in middle and high schools, vocational schools and colleges, robotics clubs, and hobbyists’ homes. They are great companions for learning or teaching technology, mechatronics, and STEM programs. It's also an approved platform for the Boy Scouts of America Robotics Merit Badge. This robot kit can be used as a California A-G approved elective course. Assessment material is available to verified educators.
The tutorial will walk you through the following: Programming the Arduino microcontroller;Calibrating the servo motors and monitoring servo signals with LED lights; Assembling and testing the BOE Shield-Bot; Navigation basics and pre-programmed maneuvers;
Tactile navigation with whisker switches; Light-sensitive navigation with phototransistors; Navigating with infrared headlights for object detection; and Shadow vehicle navigation with distance detection.
Delivery information: Kit includesba 200-page manual/activity guide, with detailed pictorial and schematic assembly and programming instructions; Boe Shield PCB for Arduino microcontroller; high-quality aluminum robot chassis; (2) continuous rotation servos and wheels; 5-cell AA battery pack; all the electronic components and sensors needed for the Robotics activities; all the assembly hardware needed (nuts, screws, and standoffs); and Parallax screwdriver.