Students investigate how, on a vertical tube, the size of a hole and the pressure above it affect fluid exit velocity.
- College Board AP Curriculum-Aligned Labs
- Overflow Hose Eliminates Messes
- Three Different-Sized Nozzles
- Nozzles Accept Various PVC Fittings
- Catch Basin for Water Stream
The tall acrylic tube has nozzles that accept various PVC fittings to create different sizes of exit holes.
When the tube is next to a sink, it drains off excess water while a hose from the sink keeps the bucket at a constant water level for exact measurements of the horizontal range of the water stream under a constant fluid pressure.
Ordering information: The kit includes a vertical tube with a drain hose, three different-sized nozzles, and a water catch tub. A working sink and drain with a hose are required but not provided.